Time & Location
Nov 20, 2021, 2:30 PM – 4:00 PM
Redding, 1419 Yuba St, Redding, CA 96001, USA
About the Event
Join Jade for Karma - self defense
Don’t be the victim, be the Karma. You are in control of your own destiny.
As mothers, daughters, sisters, and divine feminine entities, it is our responsibility to lead the way and heal generations of cyclical abuse and trauma. There is empowerment through awareness. It is time to break the cycle and move through deep seeded fears and self doubt by taking ACTION.
– You will learn self defense strategies and techniques in this workshop centered around ending the cycle of violence through awareness and self love driven proactivity.
• The most important factor in self-defense is psychology. If you don’t believe in your worth you will not invest in it. If you believe you’re an all-powerful, capable, beautiful goddess then YOU ARE! I believe you are. Every little effort you make towards being your best self is an act of self love. We are here to focus on how we can grow in yet one more area. Conflict, the one area we all fear the most we have to spend time focusing on. Through that attention, we bring light to the darkness and free our minds and hearts to fully know ourselves. When we assert our self worth we give others permission to do the same. Learning how to manage environments and situations appropriately greatly effects the outcome of all interactions, and has a ripple effect, ultimately improves our daily lives.
• The very last defense is physical altercation. Once you hit this point things have gone way too wrong for way too long, and it’s do or die. We get very serious about this and dive into how to survive and what to do after you have. Bring your Kleenex ladies, this can get emotional.
• Basic Physical combat tactics include;
• Footwork so you don’t fall down, how to get up and protect yourself if you do ever end up in the worst place on earth you could EVER be! No joke.
• Striking safety and effectively. This includes where to hit your opponent, how to hold your hands and arms so you don’t dislocate your wrists and elbows, and how to not break a nail (this is honestly super important!)
• How to defend yourself when you have no weapon, and how to find, make, or use something to help save your life. How to best employ specific weapons and the scary truths about what happens when you do.
Jade's experience in self defense tactics and combat training included:
- 2 years volunteer work with a self defense non profit.
-Spoke at and promoted womens self defense seminars.
-Taught self defense tactics classes to the community.
-Consistent martial arts training. Various courswork and testing of material.
-Self Defense Law
-Cycles of violence and resources for trauma
-Provided resources for women struggling and supported real life trauma survivors find community and friendship.
The details from Jade:
• Strategies of self defense include ALWAYS making sure someone knows where you are AT ALL TIMES. Even in between snaps.
• Needless to say especially if your going to have to do some thing that makes you uncomfortable, like walk to your car alone on a dark stormy night.
• It doesn’t mean live in fear it simply means, message your girl and let her know you’ll shoot her a text when you get home.
• It’s best you don’t sit in the car texting, get home
• We will discuss the psychology of abuse and strategies on how to get ‘unstuck’ from the wheel.
• And yes! We will be learning combat techniques so dress appropriately. By working with each other we learn and grow faster. We learn to defend ourselves and be stronger on our feet and we learn how to attack and flip the script. Yes, I said attack. Ladies the divine feminine in you gives the divine masculine in you permission to kick ass sometimes! That’s right, I said Kick ass! You may never have to use your skills in real life. But preparing sure is fun!
• Previous physical fitness experience is irrelevant. The less you know the more you’ll grow, I promise. We will have open discussion at the end as we have a safe container for real dialogue.
After taking a break and learning how to better love myself, I feel deeply compelled to share what I learned and continue to grow through service to others. My current passions include many of the girliest things you can do, including acro yoga and modeling. Despite my decision to not currently pursue martial arts I have lots of resources to get you headed in any direction further you may want to go. We are all in this together and eventually some of you are going to want to advance your training beyond self defense and into the martial arts arena. - Jade
Self Defense Workshop